|Title||The Legend of Zelda – Tears of the Kingdom|
|Release Date||May 12, 2023|
|Genre||Adventure, Action, Role-Playing|
|Rom Format||NSP, XCI|
|Latest Game version||1.1.2|
This post is a full tutorial on how to Download Tears of the Kingdom Rom with Latest Update, and how to Setup Emulator and patches to play The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom on PC. This is all for educational purposes only and we recommend you to purchase the game from official channels to support the developers. Lets get started on the process.
Step 1: Download and Extract the Emulator
Go to official website of Ryujinx Emulator (https://ryujinx.org/download) to download the latest build as zip file.
Download Ryujinx Emulator
Once you download the release, just extract it and run the Ryujinx executable (there is no installation wizard, just extract and run).
Note that after you launch Ryujinx for first time,it will create folders in your %appdata% folder, these are required for functionality of emulator.
Complete Ryujinx Configuration Guide
Step 2: Install Keys for Emulator
When you launch Ryujinx for the first time, an Warning for missing components(Keys) will appear. To fix that, you need the keys files. Download Keys from follwing link and extract these.
Download Keys Files
prod.keys & title.keys, Size: 14KB
- Now, After dismissing the warning box (just click Ok).
- Click File at the top left of the Ryujinx window, and then click Open Ryujinx Folder.
- New Folder window will Open, Navigate down into the system subfolder and paste your “prod.keys” and “title.keys” files there.
- Restart Ryujinx and you shouldn’t get the error anymore. If you still do, you messed up. Repeat the previous steps.
Step 3: Install Firmware for Emulator
You are also going to need latest firmware for the emulator to run the game properly. This is similar to adds keys but the steps are bit diffrent.
Download Firmware (v16.0.3)
Latest Firmware (v16.0.3), Size: 408MB
- Open Ryujinx, go to the top left corner and click on “Tools“, then under “Install Firmware” click “Install a firmware from XCI or ZIP“.
- Navigate to the firmware zip file you downloaded and click open. When prompted if you want to install firmware, click yes.
Note: No need to extract the firmware zip as it is not necessary.
Step 4: Download Tears of the Kingdom Rom & Add it to Emulator
Now as the intial emulator setup is complete, we can now download the game rom file. This is going to be the biggest download in size.
The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom NSP ROM, Size: 16GB
Adding games into Ryujinx:
- Once you download a game rom, place it into a folder where you want to keep all your games (place only the game file and not the update files).
- Open Ryujinx and click on “Options”, then “Settings”. Under the General tab, find “Game Directories” and click the “Add” button.
- Navigate to where your games folder is, and click Add. Finally, click “Save” in the bottom right corner.
Note: There are two formats to Download Tears of the Kingdom Rom: NSP & XCI. Both have the same functionality and perform equally. XCI has the update file merged into the game file but NSP has different game and update files, making it easier to update.
Step 5: Download and Install Game Update
This is an optional step but highly recommended as updating the game may fix or add plenty of stuff into your base game.
Installing Game Updates:
- Open Ryujinx. Right click on the game you would like to update. Click Manage Title Updates.
- Then use the Add button to choose the Update files you want to install.
- If it was correctly installed, it should show the updated version next to the game.
Step 6: Tweak the Settings and Play
You can pretty much just start playing now, as all required steps are complete. To configure your input device and fondle with graphics settings, read on.
- In Options > Settings, Click the Input Tab and configure the Player 1 controller there to see or edit the controls.
- On the Graphics Tab, you might want to scale the resolution to 2x or more depending on what your system can handle.
- In Graphics, Vulkan is the preferred option, but if a game doesn’t work on Vulkan, try OpenGL instead.
- Hit Apply and Save to save & close the Settings panel. Now you can just double click the game icon to start the game.
Note: When running the game for first time it may take some time, giving you no response or black screen for few mins. Be patient.
Step 7: Install Patches & Mods for Tears of the Kingdom ROM
You might experience low frame rates while playing game no matter how high your PC specs are, therefore you might need to use the 30fps or 60fps patch to make the game run smooth.
Download FPS Patches
Download 30 FPS Patch & 60 FPS Patch (v5) v1.1.2 Supported, Size: 3KB
Patches & Fixes Mirror
How to install mods:
- Download and extract the Patch file zip for either 60fps or 30fps (I recommend 30fps as it is the most stable).
- Inside the zip file, you will find a folder called 60fps in the 60 FPS patch file, and a folder called 30fps in the 30 FPS patch file.
- Open the Ryujinx Emulator and right-click on the game. Then click on the Open Mods Directory option.
- Paste either the 30fps or 60fps folder, depending on your preference, into the Mods Directory. Do not paste both patches simultaneously.
Note: Still the performance of the game may depend on your system’s specs, and these patches may not work for all users.
Get MODS for Tears of the Kingdom
#pcgames #zelda #totk #switch